Take some cues from these Dos and Don’ts and have a safe and joyful Diwali. Remember!!! All the accidents and mishaps due to fireworks always happen as a result of carelessness, negligence, and ignorance from our own side. So Simple precautions can help avoid these accidents.
Diwali, also known as the festival of lights, is celebrated with full fervor and enthusiasm across the length and breadth of the country. The festival is one of the biggest celebrations in India, however, the current condition due to the coronavirus and the increasing pollution levels in various parts of the country, the festivities of Diwali have to compromise.
Here are some Dos and Don’ts to follow during this Diwali season:
1. If you are going to burst crackers, keep it away from sources of fire like matchbox, candles and diyas. Keep two buckets of water handy. In the case of burns, pour lots of water on the affected area.
2. Keep first aid box ready. If a major burn happens, wrap the victim in a clean bedsheet and rush to a hospital.
3. Do not forget to wear a mask during this Diwali as the pandemic is still going on.
4. Keep the sanitizer away from flammable objects.
5. People with any kind of respiratory problems must stay indoors.
6. Only one person should light a firecracker at a time. Try to stay away from the crowded area.
7. Don’t light crackers in hand.
8. Don’t leave the firecrackers around burning candles and diyas.
9. Don’t burst crackers near electric poles and wires.
10. Avoid loose and synthetic clothing while bursting crackers and lighting diyas. Wear cotton clothes instead.
11. Keep buckets of water handy for emergency.
12. Put cotton plugs in your ears to avoid damage to your ears, as the noise of crackers can be quite deafening.Leave a reply