• Globally, there have been over 7.8 lakh confirmed cases of COVID-19. At least 37,600 people have died so far. The United States, Italy and Spain have registered more cases than China, where the outbreak started. The outbreak is having a major impact on global economy and the stock market.
• Beside all the facts we know behind lockdown that could lower our economy rate, we are still at a phase where we could support for the initiative of lockdown and social distancing and can save our life too.
What’s social distancing?
Social distancing, or physical distancing, is a set of non-pharmaceutical interventions or measures taken to prevent the spread of a contagious disease by maintaining a physical distance between people and reducing the number of times people come into close contact with each other.
While it may be disappointing to hear that so many sports events, cruises, festivals and other gatherings are being cancelled, there is a public health reason for these measures. These cancellations help stop or slow down the spread of disease allowing the health care system to more readily care for patients over time.
Cancelling events that are likely to draw crowds is an example of social distancing. Social distancing is deliberately increasing the physical space between people to avoid spreading illness. Staying at least six feet away from other people lessens your chances of catching COVID-19.
How you can keep yourself distanced:
- Advice your locality and people who are unaware from the risk.
- Do not gather, and stop going out in groups.
- Unless too important work, do not step out from home.
- Working from home instead of at the office
- Switching to online classes
- Visiting loved ones by electronic devices instead of in person
- Cancelling or postponing conferences and large meetings
- While at home keep yourself at least six feet away from others.
- From wherever you come back it is essential to sanitize yourself at essential levels.
How social distancing keep you safe:
The spread of COVID-19 has been rapid and federal, state, and local governments are doing whatever is necessary to protect all of us from getting sick.
While most people who become infected will have symptoms like to a cold or the flu, and children seem less affected by the virus than adults, we all are responsible for protecting those at higher risk.
Steps like social distancing may feel like an inconvenience, but it’s the best way right now to protect our family, friends, and neighbours who may be vulnerable.
If you are concerned that someone in your family may be at higher risk, you can contact your doctor to discuss what preventative measures may be appropriate for you.
Social distancing is an essential way to slow down the spread of COVID-19. And it’s essential that you follow the social distancing recommendations in your community, whether you’re in one of the high-risk groups or not.
With more and more schools, malls, restaurants, public gatherings parties etc., are closing and people working from home, we should avoid thinking that public gathering at any place is safe as of now. As we should rely in our mind that social distancing only works if we all participate. And slowing down or preventing the spread of the virus will save lives.Leave a reply